Skip to content
Measuring Our Success
Sponsors & Partners
Our Adoptable Cats
Rescue & Relinquish
Please fill out this form as completely as possible. Thank you very much for your interest.
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Are you over 18?
If no, please enter your age and the full name of the parent or legal guardian
Do you currently have any pets at home?
If yes, please describe all pets including these details: cat/dog/other, male/female, fixed/not-fixed, lives inside/outside/both, approx. ages.
How would you like to help?
Please select all the opportunities you'd like to explore.
Basic grooming (brushing, clipping nails, etc)
Launder towels and bedding
Give out information about our adoption process and volunteer opportunities
Clean cages, cat dishes, and litter boxes; provide food/water
Set up & breakdown tables and cages
Greet potential adopters
Review adoption questionnaires
Advise and educate the public
Solicit donations and recruit volunteers
Administer events and process adoptions
Our cats typically rotate between living in one of our retail adoption centers and a loving foster home environment until adopted
Standard cat/kitten foster
Temporary medical foster
Rehabilitate/socialize semi-feral kittens
Fostering kittens who need bottle feeding
Emergency foster (less than 1 week)
Long-term hospice care
Foster a mom and newborn kittens
Transportation (between foster homes, the shelter, adoption centers/events, spay/neuter clinics, veterinarian offices, etc.)
Must have a valid driver license.
Friendly cats in carriers
Supplies to community fosters and residents
Feral/community cats in traps
TNR (Trap / Neuter / Return)
Set up traps and stay with them
Collect and clean traps
Take care of cats in traps
Track trap loans and waiting lists
Educate the public
Review adoption questionnaires
Create/update adoption profiles
Utilize social media outlets
Organize & run fundraising events
Print & collate adoption packets
Write/submit press releases
In which locations would you prefer to volunteer?
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the shelter and our adoption centers.
Trenton Animal Shelter - Trenton, NJ
PetSmart - Fairless Hills, PA
Bag of Bones Barkery - Hamilton, NJ (adoption events only)
The Healthy Animal - Robbinsville, NJ (adoption events only)
Generally speaking, when are you available?
Please list any special skills or training you'd like to use to help Trenton Cats Rescue:
Please do not list other household members. (Examples of references are: neighbor, employer, co-worker, friend)
Name and relationship of Reference 1
Phone of Reference 1
Name and relationship of Reference 2
Phone of Reference 2
What is the name, address and phone number of your current (or most recent) veterinarian?
Release of Liability and Waiver
By initialing below, you certify the following:
1. I understand that because I may handle and/or come in contact with animals, it is important to discuss being vaccinated against tetanus with my physician. I release Trenton Cats Rescue, from all responsibility that may occur because of my not pursuing this matter further and I understand whatever decision I make is at my own risk. I have read, understand and agree to the above tetanus information.
2. I acknowledge and understand that as a volunteer of Trenton Cats Rescue, I am not covered by workers’ compensation or any other insurance policy through Trenton Cats Rescue for any damages or injuries I may sustain during volunteer activities. I understand that I am responsible for obtaining health insurance coverage through an independent health insurance company.
3. I fully understand that as a part of my volunteer work for Trenton Cats Rescue, I will come into contact with animals either by directly handling them, fostering or through assisting in their care and adoption. Further, I understand that working with animals carries a risk of injury, and that it is possible that I may be bitten, scratched, and/or otherwise injured.
4. I fully understand that as a volunteer and/or foster home for Trenton Cats Rescue, my family may come in contact with animals at Trenton Cats Rescue events, and I and my family and/or guests may come into contact with animals in my home if I am fostering an animal. I understand that working with animals carries a risk of injury, and it is possible that my family and/or guests may be bitten, scratched and/or otherwise injured.
5. The information contained within this application is accurate and not misleading in any way.
6. Trenton Cats Rescue may contact individuals listed on this form.
My signature to this volunteer liability release attests to my intent to hold harmless and release from all liability Trenton Cats Rescue or any of its past, present or future Officers, agents, volunteers, employees or assigns, from all acts which are related to the normal performance of required and implied duties. My signature, whether original, by fax or any other electronic means, is valid as if it were an original signature.
NOTE: If applicant is under 18, a parent or guardian must initial below. We can not accept cat care team volunteers under 14 due to safety concerns.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.